FreeFall is hiring a Senior RF Engineer
FreeFall Aerospace, Inc. (FreeFall), located in Tucson, AZ, is developing revolutionary new antenna technology for satellite communications and 5G mmW communications.
FreeFall’s smart antenna technology will revolutionize the way data moves throughout the 5G world. Our innovative, low-cost 3-dimensional antennas are unlike anything else in the industry, enabling high-frequency steerable communications that will unlock the potential of Smart Cities, connected vehicles, and the Internet of Things. Our embedded “Find and Follow” algorithms identify and track users with maximum efficiency, enabling true 5G connectivity when and where it’s needed. The same technology is a game-changer for satellite communications, enabling maximum data transfer in a simple lightweight system with no moving parts. With applications throughout industry, defense, government, and science, FreeFall Moves the Data.
The Senior RF Engineer reports to the Company’s VP of Engineering and will work closely with FreeFall Leadership and Business Development teams.
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior RF Engineer is responsible for leading the design, development and test program for FreeFall’s advanced antenna systems for 5G cellular/internet applications and satellite communications systems. Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Company leadership to develop a strategic approach to antenna product definition and development plan;
- Utilize systems engineering principles to implement a requirements-driven product design, development, and test program.
- Actively participate in antenna design and modeling studies; build and test prototypes and analyze results;
- Understand manufacturing and operational requirements and challenges to ensure that FreeFall products meet customer requirements for performance, reliability, physical characteristics, and cost;
- Lead a small team of engineers to implement FreeFall product development in the most efficient manner.
- Participate in customer engagement, demos, and marketing activities.
The ideal candidate has:
- Expert knowledge and a verifiable history of increasing responsibility in antenna theory, antenna system design and test, and antenna product delivery for commercial and/or DOD customers.
- Demonstrated success leading a team in prototype development and test, focused preferably on telecom or satcom antennas.
- Working knowledge of and experience in cellular antenna systems including 5G systems.
- At least 10 years of experience and increasing levels of responsibility in one of the following fields: satellite communication systems, wireless communication systems, electrical/electronic system design and testing, or RF engineering.
- Experience leading small focused teams for prototype design and delivery.
- Experience interfacing with customers including industry and DOD. Some travel is required.
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate has the following combination of educational and work experience: BS + 15 yrs, MS + 10 yrs, PhD + 2 yrs.
WHY WORK AT FREEFALL
FreeFall is on the cutting edge of innovation in 5G antenna design and offers an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a potentially very large and exciting industry. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a generous Equity Incentive Plan.
STATEMENT OF NONDISCRIMINATION
FreeFall is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or ethnic origin.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Send resume and cover letter via email to:
Thomas Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CALLS, PLEASE.