FreeFall Aerospace is developing innovative antenna technology for spacecraft, ground stations, and 5G internet applications. We are seeking an electrical engineer to participate in a wide variety of antenna design, development, and test activities. The ideal candidate will demonstrate comprehensive understanding and skills in electrical circuit design, board layout, electronics assembly and test, and antenna principles, and an ability to understand customer needs and derive clear technical requirements that flow down to subsystem and component design, build, and test. Experience with radar applications and with spaceflight hardware and telecommunications is desired.
Summary of roles and essential job functions
- Serve as the lead electrical engineer for all FreeFall antenna projects including spacecraft, aerial, and ground antenna systems.
- Collaborate on the creation and analysis of new antenna products for a variety of applications including space and ground satcom, radar, point-to-point microwave, and 5G internet.
- Be familiar with industry, DOD, and government communications priorities and plans, and assist in identification of new business opportunities in all sectors.
- Prepare or collaborate on technical reports, white papers, marketing products, presentations, trade shows, etc. to depict results of the antenna development and test activities and to advance business opportunities.
- Interface with DOD and commercial customers as needed; some travel may be required.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in EE, Physics, Aerospace, or related field
- BS+5 years or MS+2 years (or equivalent) experience as an electrical or electronics engineer in a communications, defense, or aerospace company
- Note: Highly relevant and outstanding academic credentials may be considered a substitute for industry experience in certain cases
- Working knowledge of RF engineering and radio and antenna principles, operations, and hardware
- Ability to conceive and design electrical circuits and subsystems from scratch based on high-level performance and interface requirements
- Experience with industry standard circuit design and modeling software
- Experience with electronic systems fabrication, testing, and measurement equipment and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About FreeFall Aerospace
FreeFall is a revolutionary new antenna technology company developing applications for ground, air, and space. The innovative spherical antennas simplify and improve satellite communications by offering a 360-degree field of view and electronic steering at low mass and low cost. The technology is drawing interest from a wide variety of commercial and government organizations. The company’s unique antennas for the coming 5G wireless world are unlike anything else on the market and enable high-frequency, steerable communications for Smart Cities, connected vehicles, and the Internet of Things. FreeFall was founded in Tucson as a spin-off from the University of Arizona and maintains a close connection with its faculty and supporters. www.freefallmovingdata.com.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resumé and cover letter.